View Single Post
Old 08-08-13, 10:24 AM
Keith99

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by turbo1889
What loky1179 said above is very true guys (and gals). The vast majority of the times I've had to use force against a dog (usually not lethal force, that is the last resort) has been to defend my live-stock. The few times I've had to defend myself and once another person from a dog are the extreme minority and all of them were dogs that were taught by their owners to be vicious. Bad dogs are like bad kids, very few of them are truly bad seeds that are bad in and of their own, most of them have bad owners/parents any bread of dog can be made vicious by a bad owner but usually people who are of that bent choose breeds that are more dangerous and more easily made vicious just like their owners.

I'm no Bible thumper but some of the ancient laws of long ago that weren't religious in nature but civil and criminal made a whole lot more sense then our current laws including some of the ancient Hebrews, if I may quote one:

I think you get the principle of the thing that several thousand year old law was trying to put forth. I really wish that when it came to dangerous vicious aggressive dogs they would apply that same kind of logic today.
Bolding mine.

That tendency seems to run in cultural pockets. I've never had problems. But I can make some good guesses about places near enough to ride to where I would.

I have even had to go past a pack of at least half feral dogs without problems. Half feral, but not half starving.