View Single Post
Old 08-08-13, 08:24 PM
wintermute

Bikes: 1980 Motobecane Grand Jubile, 1986 Kuwahara ATB, 2006 Bianchi Volpe, 2016 Salsa Fargo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 29 Times in 17 Posts
Originally Posted by neo_pop_71
On your rear wheel, is that a "BX-23" with a "Specialized" and "Wheelsmith" sticker I see on the rear rim? If so, that is the same hoop used on my 1991 matte gray Stumpjumper Comp, that bike was full XT... what hub is laced to that wheel? I recently recycled those wheels on my Yeti Ultimate inspired '90 Nishiki Ariel, the black anodizing is great on a very durable hoop design. Specialized sold an unbelievable number of bikes in the early 90's, you should be able to track down a front to match. You can see the same stickers, only the rear has the Wheelsmith sticker but the other two are pictured.
Not sure - the stickers are very faded. From left to right (or back to front), first sticker is mostly white (faded) and reads 26 x 1.50 on the bottom, the second is also almost completely faded but reads "Heat Treated; Japan" on the bottom. The third sticker is a Wheelsmith spoke sticker. The only thing I can read on the (silver) hub is "Suntour". The front wheel is an Alex XRims SZ rim laced to a JoyTech hub = junk, but it rolls.