Old 08-09-13, 10:12 AM
Excelsius

Bikes: CAAD10 Rival

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by iLuveketchup
Thanks! Not sure about the wheels. Nothing fancy, but looking for something that is around 1500g for the pair. Any recommendations?
Haven't posted in this thread for years. This thread is like an upgrade mania! My CAAD10 is still stock and it hasn't stopped me from racing with it. This might be the wrong thread to post this, but I hope you guys realize that you do not need to upgrade anything on the CAAD10 since that bike is already beyond the abilities of almost everyone who posts here. And the stock RS10 wheels are very good. Sorry, but upgrading to cheap wheels just to save 300g doesn't really do much. Each of your water bottles weighs two times more than that. And if you look at that $400 Boyd, it's not really much more aero either since it's deeper than the RS10 by only 6mm! If you really have the bug to upgrade the wheels, at least save up and get a real upgrade that will make a difference - you'll be looking at $1000+ deep aero wheels. It still won't matter much though because unless you have the speed, those wheels won't give you any benefit. You'd be far better off investing in a trainer or even getting a bike fit.

This is just my experience. You can continue now...