View Single Post
Old 08-09-13, 07:57 PM
556x45

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Greetings from Southern California!

Hi, guys. I've ridden on and off for a while, but recently I've been getting back into cycling more. Any time I Google anything remotely bicycle related I end up here, so I figured I might as well join the fun.

About me:
-Male
-Student
-Orange County, California
-Longest ride: 50 miles (Bicycling merit badge like 5 years ago, haha)

I'm ashamed to admit that until recently I had only ridden crappy, boat-anchor, big-box-mart style mountain bikes (except for a few rare occasions last year that my roommate let me try out his carbon Look road bike with all DuraAce components that honestly probably costed more than my car). Yesterday, however, I bought a much lighter (although still inexpensive) single-speed road bike and tried it out for the first time on a 16 mile ride today (Santa Ana River trail, if anybody local reads this). There was a night and day difference between it and my previous bicycles, so I'd definitely love to start riding more.

I don't know that much about bikes, so I'll probably mostly lurk and glean wisdom from the masters. Thanks for all the info I've already gathered, and I look forward to participating in the community here.