Old 08-11-13, 12:33 PM
TK LP

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by kingsqueak
This is handy...

Beimg tall, I've got a 37" 930mm inseam and have issues getting the bars level with my seat as you have set up here.

Was this a custom geo build? I ask because one of my curiosities with having a Gunnar spec build done was if the geo could be made so I didn't need spacers and steerer extenders. My current bike is going to need an extender on top of the existing uncut steerer...will look silly but is needed to bring the bars up to meet the extra seat post I need to fit.

I was curious if you told Gunnar to have the geo for a high bar height or not as it still looks like you need to rely on a lot of steerer tube and spacers to get it done.
The geometry is a stock 66cm Sport. The fit was obtained using the Guru system, http://www.gurucycling.com/. I had this done a my local Bike Doctor. After the fit, this is what Gunnar recommended. Custom geometry is a $300.00 upcharge, so I suppose a frame could be built to delete the spacers, but it probably add to the head tube length, which probably wouldn't look better. A 68 cm might help that, but with my 931mm pubic bone measurement, I already have to be careful when I come to a stop. Frankly, this bike is so comfortable, I could care less about the spacers. The black ones are gone, that's all they had in stock when they did the build, replaced with silver, and I've switched to a Brooks saddle with a Velo Orange seatpost, and stem. To soon to comment on the Brooks, but I love this bike. The Guru fit was well worth it.

Last edited by TK LP; 08-12-13 at 07:18 AM.