View Single Post
Old 08-11-13, 05:12 PM
j_rod_91

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Old Huffy Oakwood

Before I begin, I want to say that I know that Huffys are not the best vintage bike material, but I bought this bike for my sister for something to tool around on at college. It's a cheap bike, but I'm too thorough of a person to not know the facts.

So, I stumbled upon a Huffy Oakwood internal three speed today at a yard sale for fifteen bucks, plus he threw in a pump. I figure that I'll put some new tires and tubes on it and see what I can do about cleaning the rest of it up.

I have been searching the forums and Google for the past hour and cannot find any information about the Oakwood series. I understand that the first number of the serial numbers is the last number of the year made, so I know it is some year ending in 8. I want to know when/ where it was made.

I've attached a picture of the rear dropout as well as a whole bike shot. Also, here is a picture I found on Google that looks like a mint condition replica of the one I purchased http://www.flickr.com/photos/abracadabra-/5992530961/

I appreciate any help you all can throw my way!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Huffy Oakwood.jpg (99.8 KB, 33 views)