Old 08-14-13, 07:13 AM
MRT2

Bikes: 2012 Salsa Casseroll, 2009 Kona Blast

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1031 Post(s)
Liked 208 Times in 146 Posts
Originally Posted by codyhmrck
I tried sending a private message but I haven't quite made the requirements for that yet. and I didn't want to create a new thread for this question so here it is.

"I am torn between a hybrid and a road bike. Each type has reasons for me wanting it. The hybrid will be fine riding down my gravel driveway, but then the road bike has the drop bars and is better for the kind of riding I want to do. I want drop bars because on longer rides my wrists begin to hurt and I would like more position options. But I will mainly be riding on the pavement with the exception of leaving and arriving at my house via my gravel driveway. So what should I do? Get a hybrid and put on drop bars or get a road bike and ride on the gravel? Just worried I will do unneeded damage to the tires on a road bike."
I put 28 c tires on my wife's road bike. It even has a little tread on it. You wouldn't want to do single track with it, but it is capable of handling short stretches of dirt, gravel, grass, or crushed limestone.