View Single Post
Old 09-19-05, 05:34 PM
bostontrevor
Retrogrouch in Training

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I would post this in the winter cycling forum, but I figure most of you aren't hanging out there yet and by the time you check it out, it may be too late. Plus you're also down with the saving a buck by not going with the cycling specific duds.

Anyhoooo... My grody OD's are shelled out and the crotch cavity gets larger with each passing day, so I needed some shorts, stat! After coming up empty at the Garment District, I headed over to the Army Barracks on Newbury to pick up a pair of overpriced BDUs just so I could hack them off. It's probably more expensive than just buying some civvy shorts, but everyone seems to have put them away for the year. While there, I also found some awesome arctic trouser shells.

You can get this bad boy http://www.armysurpluswarehouse.com/...duct=&item=669 (sans liner, just wear them over your regular pants) for $20. It's about the price of a decent set of windstopping track pants and double what you'd pay at Wal-Mart, but they come with pockets on the side and one in the back and...here's the show stopper...drawstring cuffs. If you're like me, this is great--bunch them up at the knees and tie off the drawstring and voila! windstopping knickers.

I don't know why, but I'm very excited about this. Maybe I'm just really projecting my excitement about winter.

Last edited by bostontrevor; 09-19-05 at 05:41 PM.