Old 08-15-13, 01:18 PM
RaleighSport
Hogosha Sekai

Bikes: Leader 725, Centurion Turbo, Scwhinn Peloton, Schwinn Premis, GT Tequesta, Bridgestone CB-2,72' Centurion Lemans, 72 Raleigh Competition

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked 21 Times in 15 Posts
Originally Posted by surreal
I see it like this: despite what wikipedia says, the terms aren't interchangeable. Just as a DH bike is a kind of mtn bike, but a mountain bike is not necessarily a DH bike, we're talking about one sub-genre of cruiser here. As I see it, cruisers can include beach cruisers, newsboys, cycletrucks, boardtrackers, choppers, musclebikes, strandies, BMX w/ 24" or 26" wheels, industrial bikes, klunkers (&their ilk), middleweights, etc... That's just the tip of the iceberg.

Why would we make the "beach cruisers forum" before wemade the "cruisers forum"?
So let's get at the meat of it, in your mind the term is cruiser, in brennan's mind the term is cruiser, and you've also got other supporters here of the same opinion obviously as expressed in this thread. Now let me ask you this.. what do you think the majority of our fellow cyclists call them? Especially anyone born 1970 or later (yourself as an obvious exception as you stated you are indeed 36). My money's on beach cruiser, the trend in my experience is this the catch all has become beach cruiser, you can end up with a 30's-60's fat tire cruiser (like the one whichever one of you linked in this thread), and guess what the average persons gonna say? Nice beach cruiser. Do you guys understand what I'm saying?

Last edited by RaleighSport; 08-15-13 at 01:23 PM.