View Single Post
Old 08-17-13, 04:58 PM
scoatw

Bikes: 96 gary fisher 'utopia' : 99 Softride 'Norwester'(for sale), 1972 Raleigh Twenty. Surly 1x1 converted to 1x8, 96 Turner Burner

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Depending on what you get. It's sometimes cheaper to spend the $$ on good quality gear. It'll last longer. My stuff from Sport Hill will be starting its seventh season of everyday cold winter riding use. The XC pants they have retail now for $120. Back in 07' they retailed for $105. I got em on sale for $65 w/ free shipping at Amazon. Their Symmetry jacket, at the time retailed for $250. I got it for $140 at Sierra Trading Post. The winter boots I use are LL Bean Snowsneakers, still going strong after six years. $65. I'm working on my second Showers Pass elite rain jacket as my outer shell. Those are difficult to find on sale. I use that all year long as my primary rainjacket. But in winter it gets used everyday. My gloves are simple cotton jersey gloves that I pick-up at a convenience store for under $3. I use those down to the 30°f mark. Lower, I go with Loki convertible mittens. Check em out. They're nice. I use very little cycling specific clothing in winter. Maybe a helmet cover and the Showers Pass jacket. But that's it. I look forward to getting many more years out of my Sport Hill cross country ski clothing. That way I can spend my money on other stuff.

Last edited by scoatw; 08-17-13 at 05:04 PM.