Thread: Sun cargo bike
View Single Post
Old 08-19-13, 06:27 AM
syncro87

Bikes: Raleigh Willard 2, Spec Sequoia Elite, State 4130 AllRoad, Catrike Expedition, Mercier Nano mini velo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by nnykamp
Did you have to drill or modify the rack to get a Yepp to work, or was it a plug-and-play installation? The main reason I would get this bike is being able to simultaniously haul children and cargo.

I'm looking pretty hard at getting a Sun for reasons of budget, I'm not too concerned with aesthetics. Has anything changed in quality recently? Any bugs that I should be looking out for?

I know that this bike is a one size fits most. I'm 6'3", wife is 5'6". Will this work for both of us?
No, I did not have to drill anything. If you get the Yepp seat and the easyfit adapter plate, everything you need is included. No drill.

Check out the welds on the bike and especially on the rear part of the bike where the rack and wide loaders insert into the bike frame. I have seen one bike with awful welds in this area.

You can easily haul kids and cargo. I'm working on some homemade wide loaders made with material you can get at Home Depot or Lowes. I'll post details when I get it done. I meant to have it done by now but have been to busy to get around to it. Cheap and easy.

That's a big height difference. I can't give you guidance on that one. Bike sizing is all theoretical until you actually sit on it and see what works, I've found. I'm 5'10" and my wife is 5'7" and the bike is fine. 6'3" would probably work but might be pushing the upper boundary of what would.

If you need pics or measurements of anything specific, let me know.

Last edited by syncro87; 08-19-13 at 06:36 AM.