Old 08-20-13, 08:42 PM
Pibber

Bikes: cannondales 84 ST500; 87SR500; 95 CAAD 3 Silk Road 500; 99 CAAD 3 Frameset(project)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by likebike23
Yeah, I think zukahn's link is missing the "l" at the end. Anyway, the workmanship is horrible throughout. The bar wrap is worn, nevermind horribly done. The brake levers are cocked. The cabling is horrible, trim that rear brake cable please. The front derailleur is a mountain derailleur which doesn't shift well with road shifter levers, nevermind that it's mounted about an inch too high. How about the rear skewer needing to be trimmed? Oh yeah, the front skewer should be reversed. Is that a stem/bars/levers from an old French bike? Wouldn't be surprised if it's 22.0mm and not 22.2mm. If there's this much wrong just at first glance, I shudder to think of what other issues it has. I just hope nobody falls for his B.S. sales pitch and overpays for an inferior bike.
i didn't even notice the "L" was missing. now that i've seen it, yeah, i wouldn't buy that for $329. for someone that's allegedly worked in shops for 13 years, some of that is really inexcusable.