Old 08-20-13, 09:26 PM
rpenmanparker 

Bikes: 1990 Romic Reynolds 531 custom build, Merlin Works CR Ti custom build, super light Workswell 066 custom build

Mentioned: 109 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6556 Post(s)
Liked 58 Times in 36 Posts
Originally Posted by RollCNY
No disrespect Robert, but this is a clear example of beauty in the eye of the beholder. It looks like a pimped our Escalade to me. Gauche might be the best descriptor. And I am a fan of traditional geometry steel, but this misses for me.

I hope it rides wonderfully, and you enjoy the snot out of it.
I appreciate your candor. To a great extent "pimped out Escalade" was exactly the intended result. I have enough plain vanilla already. Nothing stealth intended at all. I thought it would be a fun project to see what I could do if I let it all hang out, yet on a very traditional framework. I was particularly pleased that so much color coordinated "stuff" could be had to complete the effect. Your assessment is actually quite gratifying to me. As far as I am concerned, I hit the nail on the head. And no disrespect imagined. Different strokes for different folks. Thanks. First ride tomorrow!

Just to carry this a bit further, my dad (whom I have mentioned before as a retail men's wear guru) used to say there is nothing wrong with having a green suit as long as it is not the only suit you own. Or even one of two or three. After your navy, grey, and black suits there may still be room in your wardrobe where a green suit would fit in nicely. Well this is the bicycle equivalent of my green suit.