Old 08-22-13, 08:12 AM
cmtbiz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
No, you dont get me... I looked left and right and onto the road to make sure no souls is around before I roll my wheels.
Its a 2-way traffic and see lots of cars heading towards the right. Then I pull out and stopped. Hanged just a vehicle nose out close to the lane edge.. stopped there for few seconds looking out to the left, waited to get a clear of traffic. As I was about to merged in, I looked onto my right, then I saw this A&W cyclist heading towards my right side of the vehicle and stopped abruptly and cursing me with his hand in the air waving to me with a gesture as if telling me WTF is wrong with me.

So who do you think is wrong on this situation? I dont do such insensitive act as trying to fight the car driver and he is the one who is wrong not me?

Originally Posted by merlinextraligh
I hate to sound like the A&S crowd, but you have some responsibility here to.

Salmoning is clearly wrong and dangerous. However you pulled out in front of him. You had a duty to look both ways before doing so.

Had there been a child walking or running from that direction, and you pulled into them would you not be at fault?

The problem with Salmoning is drivers either don't look to their right when pulling out to turn right, or if they do, they're expecting pedestrians, and don't look far enough to see a bike coming at a greater rate of speed ( or they see it, but it doesn't register) So for all those reasons, you shouldn't Salmon.

However, drivers have to be aware that people will be coming from their right, walkers, runners, and misguided cyclists, and act accordingly.

Last edited by cmtbiz; 08-22-13 at 08:15 AM.