View Single Post
Old 09-20-05, 12:22 PM
chivespa1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I know I'm often too lefty for my own good but like so many things I think it's important to look at this from a different perspective. We know - as fact - that all of these pollutants cause health problems for people. We seem to know that these pollutants (I'm sure I'm spelling that wrong) are also causing global warming. The global warming, whether from pollution or from natural processes, is causing a shift in severe weather. This makes living in areas which we have "re-engineered" nature in order to inhabit them become much more risky (ie NOLA). Common sense then would suggest that we stop pretending that we control the environment. I can't see how striving to lower pollution is a bad thing? Even in terms of the economy, more jobs are created by employing people to either physically clean up pollutants or for people to design processes which remove pollutants.

Ok, that was pretty rambly. Basically, if pollution is causing public health issues then why isn't that enough reason to reduce pollution.

BTW- I believe that we are negatively impacting the environment and at the very least speeding up global warming.

Andrew