View Single Post
Old 08-22-13, 02:41 PM
nyrikki
Perm Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Last winter I went on a bit of a jacket binge and I have their Rogue hoodie and the Elite 2.1. They are the best rain jackets I have ever had for the bike and they make the commute trivial all winter long. The Rouge is not breathable really at all and it would be a much better jacket with some pit zips, the Elite has lots of vents and they are needed if you are an energetic rider. So it really depends on how you ride and where you live.

The Rogue has a hood and that is nice some days but A helmet cover does just about as well on the Elite 2.1 and it doesn't hinder my view when looking back like an attached hood does. It appears that the Refuge is really marketed as a multi sport jacket so it has dramatically less venting than the Elite which is an advantage if you want to use it for skiing but less than optimal if this is going to be a pure bike jacket.

eVent fabric is nice and I like it more than Gore Tex but without airflow only sweat that is evaporated from heat will move past the fabric, active venting will still evaporate more air and with my riding style and climate I would choose the Elite 2.1 and get to my destination drier.

Keep riding, rain really isn't an issue for lots of people.