View Single Post
Old 08-27-13, 03:49 PM
OldTryGuy

Bikes: Day6 Semi Recumbent "FIREBALL", 1981 Custom Touring Paramount, 1983 Road Paramount, 2013 Giant Propel Advanced SL3, 2018 Specialized Red Roubaix Expert mech., 2002 Magna 7sp hybrid, 1976 Bassett Racing 45sp Cruiser

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1069 Post(s)
Liked 788 Times in 505 Posts
Originally Posted by Dudelsack
What's with the hammerin'?

Today was about as perfect one can hope for in August, so I went on a ride. I saw cyclists of all stripes: stony faced team kit roadies, MAMILs, OMILs, even a Duck Dynasty type (who was going way faster than I was). Every single one of them was hammering away with barely concealed anguish on their faces.

Whats up with that? Don't people just go for spins these days?

The Ford Ironman is going on even as I sit here. Maybe people wanted to join in the suffering, albeit a bit vicariously.

I averaged 27 MPH and I'm a bit depressed my legs are a little sore, but that's for another post.
55yo bike buddy finished his Ironman Louisville on Saturday a bit slower than hoping but he did crash his bike a couple weeks ago.

Saturday was a 104 miler for me, Sunday 3,000 yards swimming, today 35 miles on the grocery grabber bike now fitted with aerobars, 5K jog and 1,200 yards swimming.