Old 08-28-13, 09:43 AM
contango 
2 Fat 2 Furious

Bikes: 2009 Specialized Rockhopper Comp Disc, 2009 Specialized Tricross Sport RIP

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Needed 7 miles to meet my monthly total but it was a nice day so I figured I'd just take off and see what happened. In the end I took in a route such that I could meet my wife after work, which limited my time. When I realised I was further away than I was likely to cover in the time I had available I had to choose between taking in a longer ride figuring I wouldn't be there to meet her, or ramping the power and trying to get there anyway. So I decided to ramp the power, which made my quads burn quite nicely. One particular section of road has a few rolling hills that often cause me troubles but today I punched over all of them in my big ring. Except the last one, where just as I was congratulating myself on defeating all the hills without going down a ring I realised it had caught me out (again) and I hadn't reached the top. By then my legs weren't going to power over the rest of it in the big ring so I dropped to the middle ring and went over it.

So this month's target is met and broken by 29 miles and there are a few more cycling days left! It's looking like I'll probably make it to 400 miles before it's all over.

Aug 03 - 25 miles
Aug 06 - 51 miles
Aug 12 - 28 miles
Aug 14 - 70 miles
Aug 18 - 33 miles
Aug 18 - 2 miles
Aug 19 - 30 miles
Aug 21 - 37 miles
Aug 23 - 31 miles
Aug 26 - 38 miles
Aug 28 - 36 miles

MTD 381/352