View Single Post
Old 08-29-13, 06:24 AM
NOS88

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
What passes for news is truly morbid entertainment for many. I'm extremely selective about what I watch, listen to, or read. I believe that I do not have my head in the sand. But, if someone wants to call it that, I'd remind them that it's better having my head in the sand than in that bucket of slop that drives ratings. We can pick the information we want to use in helping us make decisions; we can filter it. I remember having a conversation with a man sitting on his front stoop in one of the, according to most, more "dangerous" neighborhoods in Philadelphia. He said that he has lived there all of his life, the neighbors next to him and two across the street have lived there for over 40 years with never a problem with crime. Looking back on it, I'm embarassed I responded, "Really"? He smiled shaking his head and said something along the lines of, "More folks living here a decent folks regardless of what the newspapers say."

Last edited by NOS88; 08-29-13 at 06:31 AM.