ahsposo 
Artificial Member

Bikes: Retrospec Judd, Dahon Boardwalk, Specialized Langster

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6772 Post(s)
Liked 5,488 Times in 3,229 Posts
Originally Posted by Jed19
OP, I have quite a bit of experience with steel, aluminum and carbon frames. My take? Steel is out of the picture for me because the steel frames I'll consider are just not practical for the type of rides I like to do, which are fast 65-70 milers. Aluminum was great, in that the fastest bike I've ever owned was a Cannondale CAAD 9, but it rattled the heck out of my bones during and after my typical ride. I sometimes still felt my bones/body buzzing two three hours after rides. Just strange.

Now I ride carbon frames. The vibrations/bone rattling are very manageable, and I don't get very fatigued as I used to with aluminum frames. I would think though that a good quality aluminum frame could be quite manageable if your rides are thirty miles or less.

I do sometimes miss my CAAD 9, but the fit was a bit off, but more importantly was the constant beat-down the ride gave me. Carbon frames are stiff enough, but without the bone rattling stiffness.

Just my two cents.
Yeah, that's what I meant instead of the snarky crap.

Now, I have a Specialized Langster, a SS with Carbon fork, that is sweet. AL isn't necessarily harsh or buzzy.

I do get sick of attention seekers...