Old 09-02-13, 07:46 AM
Still Pedaling

Bikes: Brompton and Dahon Curve D3

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by olds cool
Unfortunately the dust on my bike is from non use. Our humidity during the summer months is too much for my candy arse.
Both my daughters live in Florida. No offense to the friends here that live in Florida, but my two girls are always asking me to move out there, but I tell them that because of two things you have in plenty -- bugs and humidity, I prefer to stay where I am. But, there is a price to pay -- summer heat. When my youngest daughter came to visit for the first time shortly after I moved here, she was asked by her older sister when she went back home how hot it was. She said, "crank up the oven and stick your head inside. That's how hot it was". Not too far from the truth. The summer she visited -- worse time of the year to visit, by the way -- I took her up to Lake Havasu to see the London Bridge. Bad mistake. It was 127 degrees, which, at the time, set a record. About all you could do was get out of your car -- "there's the London Bridge" -- and get right back in. So the end of the story is; they won't move here, and I won't move there. But, I will/do visit them during the winter months where the weather there is awesome, even better than here in AZ.