Old 09-05-13, 09:08 PM
cbourbeau

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Schwinn world sport, what year and is it a boy or a girl?

Hello, I'm new here and have recently gotten back into cycling and have been just riding a mountain bike for excercise but want to get a road bike. Anyway I asked a friend of mine today if he knew of any road bikes for sale and he said that he had one at his house that I could have if I'd come and get it. Anyway I went to pick it up and it's a Schwinn World Sport that has a bent back rim and needs front and rear tires and tubes but other than that it looks serviceable. My question is how do I tell whether it's a mens or womens bike? Maybe the answer should be obvious to me but I'm kind of a newbie when it comes to road bikes. The serial number on the front sticker below the handle bars is 3498 which I read means it was built in the 349th day of a year ending in 8 so I'm not sure if it is an 88 or 98. I know the frame is chrome moly 4130 according to another tag on the frame. The bar that comes from the front fork to the seat post is the V shape as opposed to being straight horizontally from the fork to the seat post. Any help identifying whether it's a mens or womens bike would be helpful. Are these decent bikes?

Thanks, Charlie
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
HPIM1114.jpg (100.4 KB, 21 views)

Last edited by cbourbeau; 09-07-13 at 08:28 AM. Reason: Picture added