View Single Post
Old 09-06-13, 08:12 PM
Road Fan

Bikes: 1980 Masi, 1984 Mondonico, 1984 Trek 610, 1980 Woodrup Giro, 2005 Mondonico Futura Leggera ELOS, 1967 PX10E, 1971 Peugeot UO-8

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1866 Post(s)
Liked 665 Times in 507 Posts
Originally Posted by Yankeetowner
The only problem with Ann Arbor is that they have That School Up North located there...and while I went to The Ohio State University, I still prefer Yankeetown as a place to live...500 people and 2 great bike trails close by (one 5 miles out and back along the barge canal, and the other 46 miles long through some beautiful Old Florida country). For the summers I love Estes Park, Colorado.
Well, that school up north has a medical system with a set of senior-focused facilities that are simply fantastic, and if you are a veteran there is a real, functioning, clean, equipped VA hospital. The city is building MUPs, bike lanes and sharrowed lanes as if they were something they could sell. Many roads lead out of town (good for running your enemies out on a rail ... ) to excellent paved and dirt cycling roads, though we have more than our share of nasty rural pavement, too. One of the greatest cycling loops anywhere, with many variations, starts in nearby Chelsea, MI and is used for the famous (just check my threads) One Helluva Ride. The local club has about 100 established and tested routes and rides, and grey-haired cyclists are about as common as the dark-haired and yellow-haired species. Restaurants are really good, too!

I'm from Illinois, from that snooty small Big 10 school north of Chicago, that has beaten the Wolverines a few times in the past few years. I don't lord it over the Maize and Blue, and they tolerate me. Live and let live!

Take another look at it!