View Single Post
Old 09-08-13, 01:56 AM
p1eman

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
As said already, waterproofs don't really stop you getting wet as you sweat inside them, unless you ride slow and your journeys takes less than 15 minutes you're barking up the wrong tree. I need about 10 minutes each end to change. When I start at 5 I get up at 0315 and have breakfast and get changed and go, my 15 mile journey is just under an hour so I have 45 mins to eat and get changed at each end and in case of mechanical problems, after a couple of days I'm up before the alarm. My uniform is either in my kriega rucksack or in my locker at work. My rain gear currently consists of a madison jacket £60 and even with vents and front zip and cuffs open it still sweats, altura shoe covers, and waterproof gloves. The rest of the stuff I wear ends up soaking when I arrive at work whether its raining or not so why bother covering it? I have some cheap overtrousers that came as part of my uniform issue for when it gets colder but its more about insulation than keeping the rain off!! Get your routine right and you'll be fine. Maybe try going to bed earlier? All the cycling should tire you out enough to sleep properly