Old 09-09-13, 07:53 PM
Stopalot

Bikes: Trek Madone 4.5

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EdIsMe
My only gripe with Trek is how many damn logos they put on their bikes and Bontrager products. A friend of mine has a Madone 6 and we counted something like 80 "b" logos. He gets made fun of all the time for it, but it's all tongue-in-cheek and he couldn't give two ****s.

I've been riding a Specialized Dolce for pretty much this whole season (a 44cm women's XXS) with a 110mm stem and 400mm seatpost to stretch it out a bit (I would normally ride a 47-49). People stop making fun of me when I outride their pro-level carbon bikes on it. It's been through a massive crash early in the season too and was the only bike involved that didn't break. I don't love it, but I find it hard to fault it as well.

Bottom line: Ride your bike and don't give a **** what anyone says about it. Then rip their legs off.
I so agree with all of the branding. I don't like being a rolling advertisement, especially since they are not paying me for it. That being said, I purchased a Madone 4.5 two years ago. At the time business was good and I could buy whatever I wanted. I road all of the top brands and several models of each. For me and my riding goals the Madone fit me the best. Some of the higher end bikes were awesome but just didn't fit me as well. I am not a racer just like to ride long and often. However, I am not a fan of the Shimano 105's. I will upgrade as soon as I can. I have upgraded the tires and seat so far.