View Single Post
Old 09-09-13, 11:55 PM
turbo1889
Transportation Cyclist

Bikes: Too many to list, some I built myself including the frame. I "do" ~ Human-Only-Pedal-Powered-Cycles, Human-Electric-Hybrid-Cycles, Human-IC-Hybrid-Cycles, and one Human-IC-Electric-3way-Hybrid-Cycle

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The primary problem I see with OP's description is that the motorists are not doing their due duty to show due care and respect for another legal road user, especially one that is incredibly vulnerable to injury or death from the dangerous machines they are operating.

The secondary problem I see is with the road infrastructure in question not being built to accommodate all road users.

And, finally, the lowest problem I see on the scale is the way the cyclist is choosing to ride on that road, not that she is riding on the road, if your going to ride on a narrow high speed road where there is no shoulder edge and the lanes are too narrow to allow safe passing within the lane. You ride no further to the right then the right wheel track, preferably a little to the left of it ~ and you pedal like a mad man (or woman) !!! My personal experience so far at least in my own home area is that motorists tend to get less angry with a cyclist taking the lane and preventing an unsafe pass if they can plainly see beyond a doubt that you are trying your very hardest to go as fast as you can. Doesn't assure they some of them won't still get mad, but it does seem to help reduce the number.