Old 09-14-13, 06:16 AM
THSdrummer

Bikes: '12 CAAD10 3, '88 Raleigh Talon

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by e_guevara
From what I can remember, the BB-to-saddle height on my bikes is 72.5 cm (I have an inseam of 82 cm). Subtracting the seat tube length (50 cm - from the Cannondale website) and the saddle-to-rail height (4 cm) gives 18.5 cm of exposed seatpost up to the clamp. I'm currently out of town on business, I'll try to measure it physically when I get home.

They're Ritchey Carbon Classic bars. I've just set them up as compact bars while looking for a good deal on Ritchey Logic Carbon bars.

I was originally looking for a 54 when I first bought the bike (my old TCR size M/L has a TT of 55.5 cm, the CAAD10 54 is 56 cm). I was running a 100 cm stem on the TCR and it's been my very comfortable workhorse prior to the CAAD10. However the stores that had a 54 didn't have the colorway I liked (the Team Edition). All the stores steered me to the 52 (with the stock 100 cm stem). I thought I could squeeze into a 52, but had the hand numbness after doing longer rides.

What did they know of proper (personal) bike fit... Tsk, tsk, tsk.
You're help is much appreciated. I don't want to squeeze myself onto a smaller frame, but if it provides more comfort - in particular with reach - why not? Does Ritchey still offer a Carbon Classic bar? I thought they only had an aluminum version now. With Specialized discontinuing the S-Works Classic, I can't think of any CF classic bend bars... Well, besides 3T.

Originally Posted by lazybeans
I think you are right. I am leaning towards getting the stealth black Ultegra over the 105. I think I will end upgrading the 105 immediately anyhow and still be spending a few hundred. Interesting that this new Ultegra has no 'caad 10' lettering anywhere on the body. It just sales "Cannondale" on the bike. It's a nice looking bike for those who prefer a muted bike.
It is really slick looking. That's the first stock blacked-out SL-K Light crank arm I've ever seen as well. If you could order a frame from any level of CAAD, I'd be talking to my LBS right now. I'd love to have that frame or the 2012 black/white version. Save my current white/red for a rain bike and ride a classy black ride otherwise.