Old 09-15-13, 09:15 AM
photogravity
Hopelessly addicted...

Bikes: 1949 Hercules Kestrel, 1950 Norman Rapide, 1970 Schwinn Collegiate, 1972 Peugeot UE-8, 1976 Raleigh Sports, 1977 Raleigh Sports, 1977 Jack Taylor Tandem, 1984 Davidson Tandem, 2010 Bilenky "BQ" 650B Constructeur Tandem, 2011 Linus Mixte

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Drillium Dude
Here I was, all excited about your latest addition to this thread, thinking you'd finally posted a pic of you wearing the Box O' Crap Skinsuit

J/k, buddy!

Yes, sold the bars, too. I liked them - for fit, they were comfy - but they were not light by a loooong shot.

Good to see you out and around again this summer - and how's the Appel coming along?

DD
Well, I'd post a pic of me in the skin suit, but this summer has been a challenge to my waistline. Trust me on this. I did make a promise that I'd post a picture and I will do just that, I just can't say it'll be any time too soon. In the meantime, below is a picture of me back in mid-April. I was probably 10-15 lbs lighter in that picture than I am now.

As far as the Appel goes, I keep on thinking about it, but then I look at the state of disarray in my basement workshop and I say never mind. Once I can get things in some semblance of order, I am quite sure it'll become one of my projects for this winter. I would probably be more intent on getting it built were it not for the fact that I got the Alpine back at the end of December. BTW, I did a century ride on the Alpine yesterday along with rhm. That bike is starting to grow on me. If only I could find a way to easily fit fenders.

Pine Barrens Century - 3 by Sallad Rialb, on Flickr