View Single Post
Old 09-15-13, 02:52 PM
TandemGeek
hors category

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
About a decade ago a tandem cycling friend who's probably even a bigger bike-geek than I am (ie., he was a licensed racer who made a living as a pro mechanic while going through college and grad school) were talking about high-end tandems and what we thought we be about the ideal tandem. We both agreed that the perfect tandem would be a Titanium tandem co-designed by Kent Eriksen and Glenn Erickson and fabricated by Moots. About 8 years later imagine our surprise when after leaving Moots, Kent Eriksen and Glenn Erickson collaborated on some Erickson-branded Ti singles and one or two tandems fabricated by Kent. I spoke with Kent & Katie about doing one of those frames and ALMOST pulled the trigger. However, with three tandems at the house -- one of which was the Calfee -- the cost was a bit more than I could justify.

However, to this day, a Titanium Eriksen tandem remains very high on my post-Lottery winning bucket list.

What's I'd recommended is asking Kent & Katie if they could put you in contact with some of their clients who have had Ti tandems made. There are only a handful, but they include both road and off-road models. I'm pretty sure their clients would be candid about their buying experience and their impression of the tandem.