Old 09-16-13, 11:45 AM
turbo1889
Transportation Cyclist

Bikes: Too many to list, some I built myself including the frame. I "do" ~ Human-Only-Pedal-Powered-Cycles, Human-Electric-Hybrid-Cycles, Human-IC-Hybrid-Cycles, and one Human-IC-Electric-3way-Hybrid-Cycle

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yup, happens sometimes. Just one more bone-head move that automobile drivers (and sometimes even other cyclists) can be expected to make that one needs to watch out for.

I've got one home-built e-bike that is equipped specifically for night time commuting and has more and brighter lights on it then a car (10@ semi-truck oval shaped commercial grade LED turn/brake lights running directly off the big battery) those lights show up bright even in daylight and I've been in the left tire track of the left most lane with my left turn signal blinking and as bright and as big as a car turn signal with my left arm outstretched going the 25-mph speed limit and had some gashole knuckle head pass me on the left over a double yellow center line right when I was about to turn.

I've also had some idiot cagers try to pass me on a residential two lane and then there is a stop sign intersection and we both end up reaching the intersection and stop sign together with me in the right lane and them stopped in the oncoming lane on the wrong side of the road nose to nose with another cager turning right into them from the right of way cross street honking at them to get the heck back over on the right side of the road and they start screaming out their window at me that its my fault just for being there and that stupid bicyclists need to get the ^@&@ 1^$#&@%& 1^$#^@ off the road and out of their sight.

Signaling and lane position can help reduce the number of incidents but can never eliminate them altogether. Some cagers are just crazy stupid and have absolutely no regard for anyone but themselves and will gladly, knowingly, and willfully risk the very lives of others with the most casual of attitudes to save themselves mere seconds of transit time. And, yes, its not just cagers, some cyclists are just as bad in attitude and behavior; just that thankfully they aren't near of a hazard to others on a bicycle as with a much larger, heavier, and faster vehicle such as an automobile.