View Single Post
Old 09-16-13, 02:09 PM
bruce19

Bikes: CAAD 12, MASI Gran Criterium S, Colnago World Cup CX & Guru steel

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1799 Post(s)
Liked 1,329 Times in 771 Posts
Went to the ER this morning because I had this bruise on my inner leg that wouldn't go away. I was a little concerned that it was a blood clot. As I was sitting in the exam room in comes Dr. Goldstein. And he says, "Remember me? I was the one who saw you when you came in here after the accident. I saw your name on the chart and said 'I know him. I've got to go see him.'" He than went on to say that I looked really good and that I had done well because "you were in really good shape." (a little plug for cyclings' health benefits) He then described how hard it is for the 'normal' 67 year old to get through the surgery I had had. I told him that he and others had saved my life and gave me back my chance for a normal healthy life and I was deeply grateful. He said he was happy to have helped. Then he sent me for an ultrasound. That proved to be reassuring since there was no blood clot and treatment amounted to Alleve and hot compresses. While I was waiting to be discharged Dr. Winchester came in to give me an update and instructions for home care. He remarked that Dr. Goldstein had told him about me and my original injury. Then he said, "Dr. Goldstein said he was very proud of you."

Tomorrow I go to see the neurosurgeon who did the operation and I'm hopeful that he will let me lose this neck brace and get back to activity.