View Single Post
Old 09-20-13, 02:35 PM
Biker395 
Seat Sniffer

Bikes: Serotta Legend Ti; 2006 Schwinn Fastback Pro and 1996 Colnago Decor Super C96; 2003 Univega Alpina 700; 2000 Schwinn Super Sport

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 945 Post(s)
Liked 2,008 Times in 572 Posts
Originally Posted by kajero
I own a 2011 Specialized Ruby Elite which is low end carbon bike. I love riding it. I ride it for long mileage rides. Recently, I bought a TREK FX 7.6 WSD. I love riding that, too. I wanted a hybrid bike that I could put a rack on as well as ride on the crushed limestone trails. Each bike has its own reason for me owning it. I get about the same mph with both of them, although I admit I do work a little harder with the TREK. However, that may be because I have only had the TREK for two weeks. The TREK seems to weigh a little more, but I don't think it makes a difference in my riding.

I will never ride with the fast pack again. I am just not fast enough and am afraid of seriously crashing again. I know my limits and accept them. I enjoy riding too much to "have" to ride and keep up with that fast group. Why is it so important not to be in the back of the fast group? Someone is always going be in the back! I wonder if anyone will even remember where you were in the next ride. I ride with slower groups and love to hang out at the back. I just don't see me as a competitor, but someone who enjoys riding with a group.
Sacrilege!