Old 09-23-13, 07:32 PM
Dahon.Steve

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 10 Posts
I tried to read the article again and thought it was silly. He picked Los Angeles as the #1 worst public transit system. So I visted the LA Metro home page and expected to see maybe half a dozen bus lines with very little service. I also expected to see little or no rail lines since the writer slamed the subway system. Here's what I found out.

1. LA Metro - I found 191 time tables for bus service alone! Some bus lines had incredible service during rush hour with 10 minute wait times! A number were still in service after midnight providing 24 around the clock service. It was very similar to New York City bus lines with hundreds of stops. What more could you ask for?

2. There were six metro lines and I was impressed to see service still operating at 15 minute intervals after 12:00 midnight! HOLY COW! Can we please have this in New Jersey! LOL! This is a carfree dream.

3. They didn't have a monthly card but the fare was cheap, only $1.50 for the bus or train. I didn't see how far it would take you but it was probably under 5 miles. Not bad at all.

I don't know what the writer didn't see in LA's transit system. I doubt he even visited the website because there was plenty of service other than the subway to nowwhere he complained about. The article was a big time fail.