Old 09-26-13, 12:42 PM
Still Pedaling

Bikes: Brompton and Dahon Curve D3

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Call Me Al
I commute 7 miles each way. Much of it is open road. I find I prefer to wear cycling gear, a bike top and the old lycra leggings. But when Im dressed like that I seem to get more pointing and laughing than usual. So tell me, do I look stupid togged up on a folder? Is that the sad truth? Or is it that the combination of an "athletic" me plus super cool folder are too exciting and these morons are covering their own inadequacy? Any opinions?
I must admit that I will continue to wear what the hell I like, bit I'm curious about what other foldies wear?
What I find so very sad is that we allow others to dictate what we do, see, hear and wear. You have the right to choose what you want to wear, even pink underwear worn on the outside of your pants. I know where you are coming from my friend, but from a good education in the 60's and 70's, if you get my drift, what other people think is of NO concern to me -- as long as its legal and its not causing others any discomfort. As far as what to wear on you folding bike -- wear whatever. You have the right to chose and others have the right to look the other way.

Enjoy you ensemble.

Cheers
Wayne