Old 09-27-13, 08:07 AM
Still Pedaling

Bikes: Brompton and Dahon Curve D3

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Boudicca
I'm with jefmcg here. It's the dinky bike, not the spray-on gear, especially if you are average height or higher, that makes them look and laugh. I wear bike shorts on any bike, and there are definitely more smiles and odd looks come when I'm on the folder. But even I roll around on the floor laughing when the spouse rolls past on his folder. He's just over 6 foot tall, and most of that is leg. Long legs, long person, tiny wheels and spandex is something for the Comedy Network.

Can we have pictures of the leather and pink underwear please?
Goodness me -- I'm sorry here guys, but I have to say that this is getting rather silly . Why are so many worried about how you are going to appear in other people's eyes? Live YOUR life, not THEIR'S. If one has the courage to ride a dinky bike as its been put, then one has the courage to wear whatever suites their fancy. Anyway, I won't go on about it. As a product of the 60's/70's era I could go on and on about what society dictates etc. Just wear what you want mate and don't worry about what other's think. Like I said -- live YOUR life. I have a red and white Brommie, and at times I'm out riding around in red shorts and a white t-shirt -- and not to mention my red or blue Crocs. Besides, if I have the blue Crocs I'm prepared to say to anyone who comments that I'm feeling a bit patriotic. If I have the red Crocs on I'l tell them I'm from Canada ahhhh! (red and white flag for those who don't get it).

Pictures with the leather and pink undies -- oh do post!!