Old 09-29-13, 09:59 AM
Roody
Sophomoric Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 711 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by 350htrr
My truck has "become" a tool for me, I basically only use it for camping fishing getting stuff home from the store, but my car er cars, were an extention of myself. 90+% of every mile I put on my car was for "fun/excitement"... I used to just rip around endlessly enjoying the thrill of speed and cornering and being faster than most anybody... 4.7 sec. 0-60, 12.9 sec. 1/4mile in my daily driver...
Is a truck the best tool for camping, fishing, and grocery runs? It sounds like using a sledge hammer to hang a painting. If you don't think a bike is an adequate tool for these activities, maybe you could try something like a Honda Civic with AWD. Just a suggestion... I don't know what your personal needs/wants are, but maybe this would save you some money and pollute a lot less. And the groceries would travel better than they do in the bed of a pickup.

And you don't enjoy riding your bike fast? Try hammering down a hill on a performance bike... If there's a curve on the hill, you will discover what "cornering" really means! I find that the "sensation of speed" can be as great on a bicycle as in a sports car. YMMV.

"Think Outside the Cage"