grolby

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 288 Post(s)
Liked 86 Times in 60 Posts
Originally Posted by thechemist
This has been a tough one for me.

No real order:

1) Increase my support system. My team is falling apart, my wife is supportive but I would like to work on more of that and my daughter is interested in cycling so I would like to get the family to more races. As far as the team, well as a Cat4 I am not to worried but I will be keeping a close watch on the teams as I upgrade.
Originally Posted by rkwaki
I imagined this was going to happen. I emailed him to say congrats and see what was going on but never heard back.
Originally Posted by thechemist
Supposedly, the "core" is still sticking around but alot of the guys have up and left. I really don't know who the core would be without him. I am assuming that the cat1 and 2s have bailed and the 3,4,5s are somewhat in tack. Works for me as of now but if I get serious I want a better team.
Originally Posted by rkwaki
As it stands you would have Grolby's old team and a few others. Once you cat up you could contact our guys though our roster has become h-u-g-e and they tend to shy away from guys not in town.
Hey chemist, not to hijack the thread too much with local chatter, but: I encourage you to talk to my guys. For one thing, you're going to be real short on teammates and support, not just in races but overall in camaraderie. This was bad enough before (Tim's a great guy, but the development squad was never a good fit on his team, he just didn't have the attention for it). For another thing, related: your experience with racing teams is limited by definition. I think you will be amazed at the level of team activity and support at IAR. You will not find a more welcoming, supportive and friendly team spirit than you will there. That's always been the best thing about the team, not racing success.

To be clear, because I'm sure there scuttlebutt about this going through the community down there: the team's original base (Harpeth Bicycles) is gone, and the current sponsor has an uncertain future. The future of the team is secure. These guys are committed to sticking together. PM me if you want to know who to talk to (though anyone in green works). I'll vouch for you, but you don't need me to - you'll be welcomed. Seriously, don't stick with NC. Nothing against Tim at all, but you'll be better off as a 4 somewhere else.