UareFASTjustNOTfastENOUGH

Bikes: Scott Gambler, Scott Ransom, Bianchi C2C 928

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TObikeguy
Hi,

I actually bought a new wheel set a month and a half ago, and it had the DT Swiss 14/15 gauge spokes. The reason I bought it was because my spokes on the old wheel were breaking too often, and now I've had two spokes go on this new wheel set. Its the same double walled Alex rim as the original, but with a different name.

I'm not super heavy, about 205lbs, and I don't ride very aggressively in terms of jumps and stuff. I'd say I ride moderately aggressive trails at the most. I've never checked the tension of my spokes before, I guess it wouldn't hurt to start.

Thanks.

So where are the spokes breaking? Also, did you buy them pre-built? If so then they should have been checked out before riding on. The seller might have said ready to ride but I would never trust that.

If you purchased the parts and had some one build them then it sounds like they did a bad job.

At 205lbs you should not be breaking spokes as often as you are. I weigh in at 280lbs and have not broken a spoke in 4 years of DH racing a freeriding and I use a heavy XC rim with the 14/15g spokes.