View Single Post
Old 09-24-05, 05:48 PM
biker7

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Danielle
I bought a Giant OCR2 over the summer and love the bike. I have about 700 miles on it and notice little spots here and there of yellow showing through the center of the rear tire. I would say there are four or five spots of yellow a little larger than pin heads, some like two pin heads. These are Kenda Kontenders and are size 700x26c. If necessary, what can I use to replace? I cannot find it anywhere, if I need to.What is a longer lasting tire of these are worn? They do not look bad at all. Also, I have the Xero-LIte XSR-4 Wheels. Are these wheels causing tire wear? Please help me out here.
Dannielle,
First you have to make sure that you are seeing cord and not just some paint you picked up off the road surface. Do you keep your tires properly inflated? Most get over 2k miles on their tires without replacement...I do and I weigh about 180 lbs. You have many options for tires. Do a search. You can even find colored tires if that suits your fashion sense. Is it your rear tire that is showing wear? Is it significantly flat spotted? Rear tires wear 2-3X's to one versus front tires due to the rear wheel being the drive wheel and weight distribution.
HTH,
George