sandy_pangle
A/K/A "Alpha Male"

Bikes: 2005 Trek 1200 (Upgraded)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by No Exit
I did a search here a little while ago on tire wear and someone mentioned they only got 600 or 700 miles out of their stock Kendas (only sticks out in my mind cuz I was looking into my mercier at the time and it comes with the same tires). Just order another rear, tires are cheap. If color isnt an issue, these look like a good deal (I replaced my kendas with them)

http://www.performancebike.com/shop/...tegory_ID=5420

Might wanna rotate the front to the back so you can use that one up too.

DO NOT..... I repeat..... DO NOT.......Rotate your tires. Go buy you a set of hard compound tires and make sure you inflate them to the recommended pressure on the sidewall every time you ride. A worn back tire rotated to the front gives you a severely elevated risk of blowing one out. If that happens while going 30 miles per hour and it is the front tire there will be lot's of "sad singing and slow walking" in the coming days.

Does your tire apear "squared off" in the middle part of the tire? Is the back tire alot more square than the front tire? If so.... Go buy you a new rear tire and don't chance it.... and never ever rotate your tires because of excessive wear. I may be drafting you when you go down.