View Single Post
Old 10-09-13, 05:49 PM
Norrick

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
speaking from falling on a motorcycle, it was mostly psychological. I was using factory tires that weren't bad but they still went out from under me. So eventually I bought a pair of NICE sticky tires. It gave me the piece of mind to start pushing myself again until my confidence increased again.

Now, I am sure that even my sticky tires would have failed me at the point where I fell on my original pair, but when you're tense onthe controls and worried about the silghtest imperfections in the road, you're going to make yourself worse off by reacting in adverse ways (i.e. you see a tar snake in the road mid turn and instead of comitting to rolling over it you let it push you over towards the shoulder, until theres no shoulder left and you HAVE to go over it, but now you're at a terrible angle and your chances of it making you fall are now even higher than if you were to go straight over it in the first place). Does that make sense at all?

Anyway, its psychological, I think getting really good tires and making sure you have them at the correct pressure will go a long way helping you recover before you return to your gatorskins, just my $0.02

Last edited by Norrick; 10-09-13 at 06:01 PM.