View Single Post
Old 10-10-13, 08:41 AM
dalava

Bikes: Moots Vamoots, Colnago C60, Santa Cruz Stigmata CC, and too many other bikes I don't ride

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
I think the OP did the right thing. We all hope the teen learned her lesson from this.

Other than other hand, I had an experience from the other side, as a driver, when I lived in Canada. I think calling a cop is a must because you may be considered as "leaving the scene of an accident". What happened was a teen on a bike came out of nowhere at the an intersection which I had a green light, and hit the rear quarter of my car. I slammed on the brakes, and he actually slid underneath my car behind the passenger side rear wheel, which was quite scary. Then he got out underneath the car, picked up his bike, and rode off. I tried but couldn't catch up to him. I debated about calling the cop, but decided against and left. A hour later, the cops showed up at my house and gave me a ticket for leaving the scene of the accident. Apparently some bystanders called in with license plate number and reported it as an accident.