View Single Post
Old 10-11-13, 06:21 AM
tarwheel 

Bikes: Waterford RST-22, Bob Jackson World Tour, Ritchey Breakaway Cross, Soma Saga, De Bernardi SL, Specialized Sequoia

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Another damp, wet, misty morning. It's rained every day this week after 3-4 weeks of totally dry weather. I managed to ride three days/95 miles for the week, which is not bad considering that I had to drive one day due to an across-town event. I took a rest day on Monday, which in retrospect was not well timed since it turned out to be the "driest" day of the week -- it rained much of the day but not during the morning and afternoon commute periods.

I have been in a funk the past two weeks due to my fall vacation being ruined by the government shutdown. I had planned to ride a loop tour of the Outer Banks, but can't do it with all of the National Park campgrounds closed. I was hoping the situation would get resolved in time to do the ride before the weather gets too cold, windy and nasty but that is looking increasingly bleak. I've got two weeks of vacation that I need to use before the end of the year or I lose it, but I don't want to just sit around the house.