Old 10-12-13, 03:16 PM
memebag

Bikes: 2017 Cannondale CAAD12 105, 2014 Giant Escape City

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 820 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Alright, I got back on that horse!

And the chain fell off the front small ring when I tried to shift to the middle ring. And the front shifter is still messed up.

So I took it to the LBS today. They had 4 or 5 people look at it, ride it, etc. They tweaked it and lubed it and replace the cable. All of them can operate the front shifter with no problem. The chain fell off for one of them. They found and replaced a bad link in the chain they say was causing that problem.

When I try to shift (using the brake lever) it either won't move, or it does move and it takes a long time for the shift to happen, or the chain gets kind of hung up half way. It was never a great shifting bike, but it's basically unusable by me right now.

One of the guys told me that when they fixed it after the crash, they replaced the front deraileur and the new ones have a shorter lever, so they don't quite match with the old shifters. He said he will look for a better shifter or a deraileur that works with the existing shifter and give me a call on Monday.

What would you folks do? Should I consider replacing a bunch of stuff? If so, how much?