View Single Post
Old 10-13-13, 08:57 PM
turbo1889
Transportation Cyclist

Bikes: Too many to list, some I built myself including the frame. I "do" ~ Human-Only-Pedal-Powered-Cycles, Human-Electric-Hybrid-Cycles, Human-IC-Hybrid-Cycles, and one Human-IC-Electric-3way-Hybrid-Cycle

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Provided a prosecutor really wants to actually do something and isn't a accomplice after the fact him/her-self. In almost every state and under almost any set of laws in any half way civilized nation there are provisions for something that could be best defined as "willful gross criminal negligence in a position of responsibility over a potentially dangerous situation resulting in the death of innocent people" the same kind of statute that applies when the operator of a chemical plant knowingly and willfully ignores safety and it results in the plant going up in a blast that kills people or having a breach and people being killed by poison gas, etc . . .

Usually such statutes are applied in industrial settings, the captain that is drunk and runs his ship onto the rocks and passengers die, the chemical plant operator above, the contractor who builds a supermarket and deliberately and knowingly cuts corners and the roof caves in a week after it opens and people die, etc . . .

But a prosecutor that actually wants to make something that is worth something actually stick can use those same laws and legal precedents against drivers who are also guilty of killing other people by deliberate gross negligence in the operation of their dangerous machine. Very few are willing to actually do it though and are they themselves accomplices after the fact and are looking for ways to let fellow motorists off as easy as possible and by so doing are themselves guilty of felony obstruction of justice.