View Single Post
Old 10-13-13, 09:40 PM
tunavic

Bikes: '12 BMC Road Racer, Pinarello KOBH

Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked 21 Times in 15 Posts
Congrats on your century, quitting smoking and your improved health!

Originally Posted by Frosty Camel
Well, 3 years ago this was my life: I used a riding lawn mower to go out to the street and check the mail because WALKING that distance was too exhausting. When I went to the store I would circle like a shark waiting for the absolute closest parking space I could find, and walking into the store had me panting. I could only shop using the electric cart. My body ran on cigarette smoke and beer. That was a short 3 years ago.

Then I bought a bike (and quit smoking). 3 years later I have the ability to ride A HUNDRED MILES!!! This parade can't possibly be rained on!

I had an itch, I scratched it, and it doesn't itch anymore. Only time will tell if I will ever get that itch again. I ride a bike for two reasons: 1) I'm in better shape than I've ever been in my life and 2) I LOVE the **** out of it!! 3 days ago I didn't think I could ever ride 100 miles, now I know I can! That's something that can never be taken away. So yes, I can and will brag. For the time being I'm perfectly content going back to my 20 to 50 miles rides with the occasional foray into 60 or 70 mile territory.