Old 10-14-13, 12:16 PM
Rootman

Bikes: 2015 Giant Roam 2 Hybrid

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by on the path
First, I'm really glad for you that you've gotten your vision corrected. That must have changed your life for the better in a significant way.

Here's my disclaimer about the lens insertion process. I can count on spending 5 - 10 minutes every morning putting mine in. When I was taught the process, the first thing I was told was to wash my hands. If done properly, thoroughly washing then drying hands takes 2 - 3 minutes. Maybe I'm over cautious, maybe not. I know a woman who almost lost an eye due to infection from a contaminated contact lens. My eyesight is something I'm not fooling around with.

With all that said, dealing with contact lenses is totally worth it to me.
I almost always put mine in straight out of the shower, my hands won't be any cleaner than they are then Beyond that it's seconds to pull them out of the container, squirt a little solution on them and pop them in, for someone that's fairly proficient at it you shouldn't be taking any more than maybe 1 minute to do the actual insertion, without counting time to wash your hands - which is VERY important. But then again some people can just never get used to it and fight with it for a long time or eventually give up and stop wearing them.

Last edited by Rootman; 10-14-13 at 01:15 PM.