Old 09-25-05, 02:02 PM
simsi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Trailers: one-/two-wheel and more

Hello

We're considering getting a trailer for our tandem and would like to hear people experiences of using them with tandems and get some feedback on what we might buy. I've been looking around and one question is that of two-wheel vs. one-wheel. Clearly, you can carry more with a two wheel trailer, but is that always a good thing? I've read that they impose less strain on the pulling bike - do they, and if so why?

Also, we live in NZ and, apart from tours on NZ, would need to fly to get to other countries, so ability to pack the trailer would be useful. I have been really tempted by the Weber Monoporter, because of it's ability to fold flat. We live in NZ and, apart from tours on NZ, would need to fly to get to other countries. Do other trailers fold to such an extent? As far as I can tell the only other folding trailer is a BOB copy being made in Australia. And the Burley Nomad which I almost forgot. Also, if we are going to fly how folding does the trailer need to be - we still need to have our luiggage somewhere. Would it suffice if the hitch and wheels could be removed?

There are a couple of companies here which we could hire a BoB trailer from for a few days to give it a test. This would presumeably be a good thing to do to see if we feel comfortable pulling one.

I look forward to hearing your responses.

Ian