View Single Post
Old 10-20-13, 12:29 PM
Dahon.Steve

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by 350htrr
I think I washed my bike twice in twelve years and about 28,000KMs, I lube the chain when it starts to get loud and that's about it... Oh I replaced the chain once and the brake pads once...
LOL!

I'm almost the same because the bus and train are my transportation vehicles. They are maintained by the city so my bikes are for enjoyment.

I'll admit, when I used to commute by bike, it took alot of work to keep it running because it was a folder. If I had to do it again, I would have purchased a new mountain bike with slick wheels because an old bike in bad condition wears out fast.

I still think there's alot of unnecessary replacing of parts just for the sake of having new ones. I see people constantly thowing out OEM tires, brake pads and saddles off new bikes on this forum all the time. I like to wear out tires till they start balding from over use. I feel the same way about brake pads and saddles. (unless the saddle is horrible!)

Regardless, my bikes are only used one or twice a week in the sun with no rain or bad weather. I guess that's why they look so good!

Last edited by Dahon.Steve; 10-20-13 at 12:40 PM.