View Single Post
Old 10-21-13, 11:05 PM
neo_pop_71

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by IthaDan
Fair enough. Guess I was put on my heels when I was asked to forward it to him. I read some ego behind that. Probably shouldn't have projected.

Either way, I'm curious to see if this gets tried as a possible solution. I had a bmx with a pitbull brake way back when. I wonder what happened to it... When I broke the frame, the new frame had canti mounts, so it was relegated to the partsbin.

Hmm.
Ha- That's funny IthaDan, after reading through this page, I felt the same about myself! I certainly could have and should have been more clear in what I was specifically asking for with regard to the Pitbull brake on a Klunker. I recalled you had posted previous about BMX stuff back in the day, I was optimistic that you had used a Pitbull brake on a Klunker build. I used the now discontinued Tektro brake post plate on my '82 Diamond Back Klunker. I too ran Pitbull brakes on some of my BMX bikes, it never crossed my mind to use that brake set up on any of my Klunker builds. I've just begun another, I'm going to track down some Pitbulls and see if I can't make it work.

I certainly hope there are no hard feelings and I apologize for not being more understanding. As I stated in previous threads, your stable (from what I've seen posted) is one to be envied and I'm still waiting for you to pull all the bikes out and get the photos taken so we can see it all together as WheelTired has shared.

Thanks Italuminium for the running go between, I appreciate you taking the time, thanks!

-D-
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
DBKlunkTEKTRO.jpg (40.2 KB, 173 views)
File Type: jpg
82DBKlunker3.jpg (104.6 KB, 182 views)